Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Candy Boy is gone

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I made up a big bowl of salad this morning to take up to the boys, and when I went in to them, Caramel had passed away. Everything appeared fine with him last night when I refilled hay and water bottles last night, and he hadn't been showing any signs of distress. Except that he never sleeps out in the open, I wouldn't have known anything was wrong this morning. When I found him, he was curled up like a little cashew looking very peaceful in the middle of the cage. RIP Candy Boy.

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear about Caramel. :( Rest in peace, little man.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Aw I'm so sorry PM. :hug: RIP Caramel.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry PM. How's Percy taking it?
RIP Caramel

Carol 59

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your little Caramel, how are you holding up?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Percy's doing pretty well. He and Caramel never really got along very well. They more or less took to their opposite ends of the cage and tolerated each other. I'm researching more experienced vets now and looking at getting him neutered, so when we find him a new friend(s), I can get girls if that's what I find and fall in love with.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. It must be such an awful shock when you knew of nothing that was wrong with him. How old was he?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I'm sorry to hear of your loss PM. It sounds like it was a peaceful death. We should all be so lucky when we depart.

Pets are angels sent to us to give us love. They only stay with us a little while because love as pure as our animal angels give us can never last long. You are blessed to have had such a sweet angel share your life even if the time was short.

I hope the knowledge that you have a lot of people here that understand your pain and care helps your heart to heal.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry about your loss PM. At least he went peacefully.

KjerstiMoo

Cavy Slave
Aww I'm so sorry for you. A big hug to you! And give Percy one too, poor piggie.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
PM I am so sorry. You know where to find me if you need me.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry little Caramel is no longer with you. I know you love your boys and you are a great piggy mommy and he was lucky to have you. I know the pain you are feeling and it must be hard especially not knowing why he is gone, but it sounds like he went so peacefully. He was truly a blessed little man to have such a wonderful home and to go over the rainbow bridge with dignity, with no pain, with no suffering. I know you and Percy will greatly miss him, but he will always be a part of you. I hope that Percy will help you through this like my other pigs helped me in my time of sorrow. Know we are all here for you if you need to talk and feel free to PM me if you need a shoulder to cry or someone to even just listen.

Goodby little Caramel, and may you always hold in your heart the feelings of being loved. You will be greatly missed, but never forgotten, especially by your mommy and Percy. Look down on them, give them your strength, and help them get to the point in their lives that when they think of you, they no longer get a tear in their eye, but a smile on their face and a warm feeling in their heart. Rest in peace.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry PM.. :weepy:

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry, RIP Caramel.

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. I'm sure Caramel was a sweetie. RIP Caramel. I'm glad Percy is taking it well.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
The knowledge I've gained in the time I've been here, and the friends and "family" I've gathered made Percy and Caramel's lives so much better, and are now making the loss easier to deal with. Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and words.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I just now found this thread Liz. I am so very sorry honey. I am here if you need me. *hugs my friend*

Rest well sweet angel in the land over the Rainbow Bridge where there are fields upon fields of veggies and fresh grass and streams of clear, cool water to drink. Be happy and run wild with all the piggies that have gone before you.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry PM. That's so sad to hear. He was loved and cared for and that's all he would have wanted. Along with that great big bowl of salad, that is. You made his life so special and he will always be grateful to you for that.

*Hugs* to you and Percy. xx

KPIGGY

Cavy Slave
So sorry PM. Rest in Peace Camerel.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Well, it appears that Percy is finally realizing that something is different. I went in to feed him this morning and he was wandering around looking behind things and under the fiddlesticks. Maybe they liked each other more than I thought.

Good news though. Once I finish up the new cage, get the rest of the room finished, and get Percy a checkup, I think I'm going to go through MGPR (https://www.mgpr.org ) to get him a girlfriend. They spay or neuter all of their piggies before they adopt them out, unless they have other health issues of course. This means that P-man doesn't have to go under the knife to get a gf. I might have it done eventually to try and avoid impaction as he gets earlier, but at least it's not an IMMEDIATE concern.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.