Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Officially a Slave

• Thread starter sophistic_chick
  • Start date

sophistic_chick

Cavy Slave
I bought my first cavy on Saturday after over a year of research and building of a C&C cage. I am so excited. I just thought I'd share/brag.

Thanks for reading! :)

bromers

Cavy Slave
Well it is god to see you have put so much effort into researching i mean a year whoa thats a long time. It shows you care. Pics? boy/girl? Breed?

sophistic_chick

Cavy Slave
I have a female and she is an abyssinian. I am currently enrolled in a veterinary program and one of my text books helped me determine her sex.

I don't have any up close photos of Lily yet....key word yet. There is a pic in the open cages gallery of Lily's cage if you would like to check it out.

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Are you thinking about getting her a little piggy friend?

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Congrats on the new addition to your family. :)

How great to be going to vet school!

Mazzy1893

Cavy Slave
Congratulations!! That is so wonderful. Good luck to you and to her. I'm sure that everyone here is thrilled to hear that you are in vet school in the hopes that you will become a cavy savvy vet and help to educate the world as well as care for our future piggies!

sophistic_chick

Cavy Slave
I'm not enrolled in vet school, its a veterinary assistant program. Even though I won't be the vet, rest assure I will care for them like I am!

As for the other piggie, I don't think I will. [I know some people have very strong opinions on having cavies in pairs, and they probably won't like me to much.] I was very lucky in getting her in the first place. I am spending as much time is humanly possible with her.

Last edited:

bromers

Cavy Slave
It is always your choice wheather you want more then one although Ideal it is still your choice. Maybe now that you have a cavy you will become a regular addition to the forum? Oct 04 and 18 posts.

sophistic_chick

Cavy Slave
Yes. I know that more cavies are beneficial but due to financial and time constraints I only have time & money for one. I would rather take excellent care of one, rather than adequate for multiples.

I will be more active on the forums as I can learn a bunch and share my experiences. I originally joined to gain some knowledge before I got my first cavy.

sophistic_chick

Cavy Slave
I've redone her cage and the pics are in my gallery, for all those who would like to look.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.