Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Forum Issues--please Read

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Well folks, it looks like the move to this new hosting company is NOT going to be a permanent decision. I'm coming to the conclusion that by offering all these great features, photos, etc., I've about pushed myself out of the shared hosting model.

I have to find a different environment. I have to move our site to a new host with more dedicated resources to support the demand. Which means, I'll be upping my cost for this site alone drastically. I'll have to pay anywhere from $100 to $200 a MONTH.

I just don't want to compromise on the photo galleries and other features.

In the meantime, this host has put a throttle on our site. You will frequently get a server unavailable message. Just try again until it frees up.

The price of popularity.

Stay tuned. As the server turns...

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Mayhaps a donation program could be set up. I know I wouldn't mind giving a bit every month to keep this place running.

MetallichicA

Cavy Slave
Theresa, what kind of stats does this site pull? Is there anything I could host on my site that would help you out? I don't have extraordinary bandwidth or space, but I'm sure even something would help.

Why not set up a Paypal donation button somewhere on the site... I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to give a little!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You can donate for this site through the cavyspirit website. Just put in the comment line or subject line that you are donating for cavy cages. I am sure T can use the donations to pay for webspace especially since it's expensive.
https://www.cavyspirit.com/helping.htm

MetallichicA

Cavy Slave
Sweet, thanks... maybe this could be stickied near the top of the main forums page since many people probably don't check this forum? (Okay... so I usually don't anyway... can't say for others heh)

Harleigh

Cavy Slave
Could you post what your monthly rate is, I would deffinately be willing to chip in some or have sponsor a month or something. I love this site and I don't want to see it dissapear.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.