Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

On Sale or Clearance

jdomans

Cavy Slave
I wasn't sure how to get the word out so maybe we can use this to post items we find in stores or online on sale. Always date your post so the person reading it will know how old it is. Yes I know there is a date but sometimes we don't see that tiny thing! LOL

:important March 8, 2006
I am online at www.drsfostersmith.com Go to small animals and click clearance. The fabulous cushy chair we all talk about is on clearance for $8.99!!

Judy

March 9, 2006
I finally got smart yesterday and instead of buying towels for the pig's cage I bought new towels for us! They will inherit our old ones. Why did it take me so long to figure this out? Another great sale at K-Mart no less! Martha's pima cotton towels are on sale. Her 3 star are $4.99 amd her 4 start are $5.99.

I am so cheap. I would not pay that much for towels. Thats probably why all the towels in my house don't really absorb moisture very well, or were stolen...erm... borrowed from my parents house.

BG-I actually borrowed a few from my mom for the girls' cage. I found some towels on sale at Walmart for $2 a piece and they're pretty big. I don't think they're that absorbant but they're new.

Ahh Wally world. I need to go shopping.

Cheap towels-- go to yard sales, thrift stores, salvation army and etc. I bought good used towels for 25 cents. Sometimes fleece too.

I am with you all when it comes to pig towels, I was making the point that I finally bought towels for myself and gave the pigs hand-me-downs instead of buying brand new $2 towels at Wal-mart for the pigs! Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

I know that JD. I was just pointing out the fact that I am so frugal that I would not even spend 4.99 on a towel for myself. One day when I am rich I am going to splurge and buy the huge fluffy bath blankets from some god awful expensive store.

babygrl, sometimes I write so fast that I forget to be clear and just think everyone knows what I am talking and thinking about!! LOL

So when you Americans say "Wally world" you mean Wal-Mart? It's been confusing me to no end.

Up here Wally's World is a water park in London, Ontario. Or at least it was till it got bought out.

Yep, Wally World = Wal-Mart in America. We American's live to confuse people sometimes.

Some times I think you guys a speaking a whole different language. With your "soda" to our "pop" and your "candy bar" to our "chocolate bar". :p

I used to live on the border, but since I have moved I have lost track of the newer slang. We also never really shopped at American Wal-Mart since we have Wal-Marts over here. We used to shop at Target, Meijer's and the Wonderbread Store a lot. We used to shop at Pace too before they closed down. But Windsor's Costco sprange up soon afterwards.

Hey now pop is used in Michigan. I like to say soda though because for some reason it really really irritates my hubby.

Oh and plain colored alpine fleece is like 40% off of something at Joanns. I just got enough neon green to cover 2- 2x4 cages plus little left over for under $10.

Ha! We Canadianized your husband. Now tell the people who regulate television up here that so we can have more programming from other countries! They think if we don't have enough Canadian shows on TV up here that we will become Americanized.

Wal-Mart up here has little pet beds for $3.00 CAD right now. It has a picture of mice on the tag, but my piggies find in comfy. It better for smaller pigs. Lina, who is 760g finds it perfect. But I have seen Tomoyo who is 1kg fit in it too.

The Walmart I went to had red in 2 patterns (tiger and spots) and neon green in one patter (spots)

I don't think it's a sale, but they are a whole lot cheaper then the $10-$20 cuddle cups up here.

Actually Sabriel the whole state of Michigan uses the word pop. If you ask for a soda at the store you get a funny look from people. We have CBC here and it's funny I just saw a commercial for KD and I was like "hey i learned about that at cc" my hubby told me a was a loser. We have Tim Ho's here too. It's good to be at the border becasue I love that place lol.
Speaking of tv shows I must admit that I am addicted to Degrassi. But shhh don't tell anyone.

Oh my goodness... my sister used to watch Degrassi all the time. It drove me nuts! Soap operas for preteens... :p And yeah. As long as I've lived in MI... my whole life (almost 20 years) we've said pop. Soooo "down with soda!"

It is really sad that you guys in MI get CBC and I don't get it up here in Toronto where the CBC HQ is. :( The buildings block the reception.

We call Tim Horton's "Timmie's" up here. :) Can you order a "double double" or "triple triple" or do you guys say 2 cream 2 sugars and the like? And do you guys have to state you want coffee or do they assume unless you tell them other wise? (Like when I order I say I want a large triple triple.) My husband who doesn't drik coffee thought that was funny.

We need a Canadian Slag vs American Slang thread. That would be fun.

Do you guys get strange looks when you go to other parts of the US and ask for pop?

Babygirl- Tell your husband that you aren't a loser, you are just more culturally diverse then him. You are learning to speak Canadian.

Take a look in General chat under my new post What do you mean?!!!

I can't say these are on sale but we fell over them at Walgreen's. 3 for $10.
On Sale or Clearance

Aw, they are adorable Judy!! Is that Amber and Jenny I see on them?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.