Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

We transitioned to fleece!

kimgrif

Cavy Slave
We made the move to fleece today, and I'm thinking we are going to LOVE this! Oreo is at the veggie dish, Tootsie is in the litter box.

Here's a cute picture of Oreo:

And another cage shot from the other direction:

We are using the fleece on top, 2 layers of towels, and then a mattress pad on the bottom. I need to get another set of towels yet, so that I have a full "change out" when it comes time.

The piggies are loving this, and so are we! The mess of shavings all over was getting to be a strain. The pigs can now run laps with ease instead of slipping on the coroplast bottom (and scattering shavings). We did make a little litter box to go under the hay rack because under the hay rack is where the cage gets "messiest." I may take the one in the corner out, not sure if they even use it. LOL

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Fleece is good!

How did you make that funky house?

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Very very nice!

kimgrif

Cavy Slave
LOL! That funky house is their FAVORITE! It's simply a Jello Pudding box from Sam's Club turned upside down with a piece of fleece clipped over the top. There are "doors" on both sides. The girls like to lay under the fleece on either side of the box, which is why I have it so long on the sides.

They also like to hop up on top of it to see if I'm almost done getting veggies ready. It's pretty cute! They're quickly outgrowing the box though, so will have to find a box that's a little bit taller soon.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
I love the pattern! The fleece is super isn't it?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.