Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia The produce piggs

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
I was concerned to see the piggs at the produce store, near Bunnings at Carseldine. I don't know the name of it, it's like a big barn, loads and loads of birds chooks ducks etc.
There was three lots of pigs, all males, one lot was three quite young males, another was two medium sized boys, and the last was an adult male. They were bedded on straw, in a largeish plastic tub/barrel thing, cut to be about half a metre high, circular in shape, about half to 3/4 metre across.
Does that make much sense?
These tubs were on the floor, in a hot barn, they had water and food, but the containers they were in allowed no air circulation, despite being open topped.
I checked each pig over, noone came near me, as I left two young kids came in and said loudly 'lets pick up the guinea pig!' to which noone replied, so I did. I told him to leave them alone.
Although the pigs seemed ok otherwise, not one of them tried to run as i picked them up, this concerned me, are they suffering in the heat?
I am going to phone them and inquire about them, what should I ask/say? I am crap at this kind of thing.

Maggie

Cavy Slave
Ask them what they do w/ the pigs there...are they pets or products? (I know it sounds weird to say that...they farm pigs in Peru so why not other places...I doubt it though, they're probably pets.) If they do say pets, then casually say, "I bet it's pretty hot in their tub though..."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.