Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay racks very cheap!

Macayle
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I have one of those. I fill it up with cilantro and other veggies every once in a while. It's quite amusing watching Percy walk in circles trying to pull stuff out of it.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'll look for that when I go tomorrow. My pigs hayrack is too small and needs refilling often. Hopefully, that will be better.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Check with bird supplies. The one I have is green and has a chain that loops over a wire on the top of the cage, so you kind of need a lid on your cage to use it as designed. I would imagine if you remove the chain, you could cable tie it to the side of your cage as well. I let mine hang, so it doubles as a toy.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Look in my gallery and you will see it. I have one and love it.

kittnkarr

Cavy Slave
I have one as well for the boys and they have a blast with it. Makes them get their exercise while trying to eat hay since they need to reach for it.

I am going to get one of those for my little girl as well.

Macayle
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have a new hayrack. It's from Wal-Mart and it's a under the shelf hanging basket. It hooked onto the grids very easily and is large enough for quite a bit of hay and hangs high enough that the pigs can't jump into it. I loved my suspended hanging bowed grid hayrack but the girls kept jumping in it and causing it to fall off the S hooks. I didn't want anyone to get hurt and they lost one of the hooks.

JennG

Cavy Slave
I use the under the shelf hanging basket, too. I have holes in my coroplast where it fits in there. I like it because it holds alot of hay. When Coco was younger, she could fit in the larger holes and would sit in there and eat. She'd give the other girls a look to say, "nahnahbooboo, I can fit in and you can't."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.