Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Water Bottles -- Does your Pig have a favorite

kittnkarr

Cavy Slave
Ok,

This may seem to be an odd question. But I was wondering if your piggies have a favorite water bottle that they would rather drink from?

Both Stryder and Callaway have a fasination and are always drawn to the LM Water Bottle that I have in their loft. I also have a Critter Canteen as well though they will always drain all the water out of the LM Bottle before they even touch the Critter Canteen. They won't even touch it unless they really have too. :confused: (meaning the other one is dry) Sometimes I am worried that they are not going to get enough water if they happen to empty their favorite one out. Would it be wise to buy an additional LM bottle since they seem to like it so much?

Then again I might have some very weird piggies! lol

Thanks ahead of time.

Kittn

Your pigs arn't the only ones! :). Mine have one bottle that they like, and won't touch any other bottle! Its getting a tad annoyingbecause their favorite is starting to drip :p. Silly things :).

Phew !!:)

Glad to hear that some one else's pigs act the same way. ;)

Mine too. I don't know what brand the one they favor is, but they REFUSE to touch the other unless the bigger one runs dry which I try not to let happen. It sucks too, because their favorite one is the one that makes the most noise. At 2 am. On Sunday nights. Heh.

Yes, Carmel has a favorite water bottle too! The one he grew up with is the one he likes the best, even though his other bottle is larger.

When I got the water bottles I bought two exactly the same just different colors. I noticed that the green one was being used most. So I switched them and as it turns out...its the location. Its not even that they are very far apart either. I have some silly pigs. :)

Yeah, I was going to say; Maybe it's not the bottle, but the location that they enjoy so much. Move the bottles and see what happens. It will be a little experiment... and they'll be your guinea pigs.

Once we re-did the cage, the girls decided on a favorite water bottle. I don't know why it's the favorite, because they are the same, and even have a similar location, but we have to watch it. The other bottle will be completely full, and they will be trying to drink out of their empty favorite bottle, or they will be fighting to drink out of that one, while the other one stands unused. Wierd little piggies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.