Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing the trouble trio: Dylan, Peyton, and Gwendolyn

hmchen

Cavy Gazer
Hey y'all,

Been poking around for forum for a while but decided to register today because I saw someone asking for NYC-area adoptable cavies, and I just recently adopted my three babes from Empty Cages Collective in Brooklyn. Dyl, Peyton, and Gwen were found in a pretty filthy pet shop as 4-week old piggies, and were housed with 3 other males (yikes). They were all born around the same time.

Foster mom Natalia did a lovely job with them and I'd previously had 2 guinea pigs that came to me from a high school classroom years ago. I missed Wilson and Carl dearly, and so when I stumbled across their Petfinder listing I felt like it had to have been fate.

The rest is history. Or, rather, this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5A73a2Qri0&t=705s

As it turns out, Dylan and Peyton were impregnated during their first estrus. :( I work in two animal hospitals and am currently applying to veterinary school, so I'm aware of all the risks involved and would not have wanted this for them, but am determined to make sure everyone - mommas and pups - are as healthy as possible!! I've attached the rads - the nurse techs and vets at work agree with me that we're expecting five for Dylan and three for Peyton. I'm documenting their pregnancies on my Youtube page and we are expecting pups any day now. Gwen is also special needs - she has what appears to be a congenital deformity of her forelimbs but she's gotten much stronger and seems to bet around just fine and pain free!

Glad to be here!
Helen

This is Dylan's lateral x-ray.

Same x-ray but with my markups - five skulls, four spines (one spine is probably occluded).

Peyton's VD.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.