Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi, new (and old) to guinea pigs and enjoying the ride

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm Molly and the new owner of two 1 yr old female piggies, Ziggy Stardust (or Ziggy Piggy) and Cuddles who have now joined our menagerie of animals. According to what we say, they are my daughter's guinea pigs, but my wife and I were under NO impression that these two new arrivals would be anything less than our own. My daughter's been through a lot in the past couple of years and is struggling with the need for a friend, even one she can just sit with and read to. That's how she is currently choosing to bond with the piggies, by reading to them every night while they are in their cage and every playtime :love:.

Anyway, we are big animal lovers ourselves and both miss having house rabbits, plus I had a piggie 20 or so yrs ago, so we are enjoying that silly type of activity again.

I was very proud of my daughter when she chose Ziggy and Cuddles. :eek:
She had originally been set on babies was willing to consider rescuing if we found a pair around here. We have two former puppy mill rescues and I blog about them, so she knows the seriousness of adopting rather than pet stores.
I went ahead of her to purchase supplies and set the cage up for piggies to come home and also to check out who was available. There is only one store in town we will go to because the other one sells puppies and kittens still :mad: 3 boars who had started to fight and 1 baby sow, when I had told her we had to get two. There were none available in local rescues, however, at the store, there were 2 piggies who had been returned at 1 yr old to be rehomed.

Guess which piggies she preferred to the babies anyway? Plus, she goes, "We're a family that rescues!" Close enough anyway, even if they were at the pet store.

So now I am here because I obsess about my animals and want to give them all the best, and it's time to re-learn piggy and also stop feeling guilty for all I didn't know when I was 12 and had my poor pig Diego. :(

Here they are: Cuddles and Ziggy
Hi, new (and old) to guinea pigs and enjoying the ride Hi, new (and old) to guinea pigs and enjoying the ride

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the Forum! There are lots of cavy lovers here in New England.....and now I "know" another one. :cool:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

ryliem

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I hope you find everything you need here!

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
Thank you all :)

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! :D I enjoyed reading the little story you told about how you got your piggies! They're so cute :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.