Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump weird lump on Nubbin's side

Nubbin

Cavy Slave
Over the course of the last couple weeks I've noticed my 3 year old male, Nubbin, has developed a little lump on his side. Its fixed in place but clearly only in the skin, not like its part of some organ or something underneath. Its rather hard, like a BB under his skin. It doesn't seem to be growing or bothering him and its so small I hesitate to get it drained and chance infection. Should I just let it go? Any idea what it could be?

weird lump on Nubbin's side

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Maybe it's a tumour..I'm not sure. I'd get it checked out by a vet if I were you.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Is it moveable if you push on it, or fixed in place?

If it's moveable, and since it's not growing, I wouldn't consider it an emergency. As long as it stays stable in size and composition, you could just watch it. But if it grows or there is swelling around it, or if it's red or seems like it's painful, then see a vet. Otherwise, just have it looked at the next time you have to take him in for something else.

Nubbin

Cavy Slave
its very easily moveable. It's almost like a blackhead. (he's a skinnypig, obviously.)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Moveable lumps aren't usually serious, especially in a location like that. I'd be a little more concerned if it were in an armpit or under his neck, where it might be a swollen lymph gland.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.