Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A reintroduction!

s.green11

Cavy Slave
Hi, My name is Stephanie.

I know my profile says CavySlave, but its been so long that I feel like a newbie. The last time I was on was about 3 years ago. At the time I was living in Happy Valley, OR. I had gotten 2 guinea pigs, Meeko and Gypsy, and was super excited about them as they were just babies, about 6 weeks old. I now live in the small town of Alamogordo, New mexico, and have 1 guinea pig. Meeko and Gypsy passed away 3 days apart from each other this week at just over 4 years old. My husband saw my broken heart and being the sweet man he is felt I needed a new Guinea pig. So all in one week i lost two and gained one. Can you imagine the emotional roller coster ive been on? My new guinea pig's name is Mocha. She is about 6 weeks old and has that rosette type fur. She is in no way in my life to replace Meeko and Gypsy. That simply can't be done, but I already love her a ton! In any case, I enjoy having my new little friend, but I feel like a newbie starting from step one with a new guinea pig. It feels like forever since Meeko and Gypsy were babies that I just don't know where to begin with Mocha. I know its best to have 2 piggies together, but for now i just have the one. I'm excited for my adventure with her, so I guess thats me and now little miss Mocha.

Attachments

mocha1.jpg mocha2.jpg mocha3.jpg

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
She's very cute! I don't think I've ever seen a guinea pig with that coloring/fur combination before.

Did she come from a pet store? (Sorry for the assumption if not, one of the pics just looks a lot like my local Petco.) If she did you'll want to double check she's a girl and also keep a close eye on her to make sure she's healthy, pet stores often make mistakes in those areas.

I hope she can help distract you from the pain, even though of course she'll never replace the pigs you had before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s.green11

Cavy Slave
Yes, she is from petco :sad:, but when i saw her I just had to have her. There was just something about her. I was holding her in the store and it was the first time my husband saw me smile in days and one of the employees let us take her home 3 days before paying for her. Meeko and Gypsy were also from a Petco. just wrong place right time i guess. I've already taken her to the vet. they confirmed she is a she and told me she's perfectly healthy! i've never seen her coloring before. the brown on her body fades into a darker brown at the tips. and then she has those funny little black eyebrows and she also has a black spot all the way back where a tail would be. it's weird!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.