Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Rash or cut?

megamazing

Cavy Slave
So my Abyssinian girly has two hairless patches right behind both ears that she's always had, and she likes it when I rub them while I hold her. So last night I was doing that and noticed on the right side she had a little red irritation, either a rash or scrape of some sort. I know it's not ringworm, and highly doubt it's mites as she has no other symptoms, no hair loss, no scratching, no mites symptoms, ears look great, her health seems fine and her behavior is normal. I checked the rest of her body and everything else is perfectly fine (I also checked my other piggie as well of course.) Now my husband claims it's eczema, which I don't think at all. It also seems to have gotten a little better since last night, and when I touch it she doesn't seem bothered at all. Could it be a cut maybe? I'm thinking maybe Luna was barbering her and bit her...I noticed she had done some barbering to her a few months ago but it never happened again so I didn't think anything of it. Or she's constantly kicking her igloo up and dropping it on herself (clumsy like me lol) so maybe she hurt herself? Any ideas or advice would be helpful.

Rash or cut?Rash or cut?Rash or cut?Rash or cut?

Looks more like a bite than a rash to me, but I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. It could well be an accidental bite from barbering.

Looks more like a bite than a rash to me, but I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. It could well be an accidental bite from barbering.

Thank you. It does seem to be a bit better since last night. I went and bought something for mites but I never wanna use something that's unnecessary and I kn.ew that wasn't it. If it happens again though I'll be buying a seperator for their cage.

Don't separate them unless you're absolutely sure that aggression is causing it and that you've done everything you can to make sure nothing in the cage is precipitating the squabble..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.