Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

guinea pigs & vaction

masterjojo

Cavy Gazer
Hi. My Guinea pig is 5 months old and he lives alone. I had him for about 2 months. I rented a cottage for the summer but now I was think about my piggie. I don't really trust anyone to take care of him expect my mom. But my mom is coming with me to the cottage. I though of taking my piggie with my but I remembered his cage is to big for my car and I'd hold him but he will most likely be uncomfortable and scared. Since I'm only going for a week would it be ok if a bought a smaller cage and take him with me? I honestly don't feel comfortable leaving him with anyone els. And I know I'm thinking really early but I want to have everything planned out.

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
could you get a travel cage (for the car) and bring a larger cage to set up in the cabin? you could make it like a play pen, jut zip tie grids together, with no bottom. that way you could fold it down for the car

pigger123

Cavy Slave
A smaller cage wouldn't hurt him for a week, but it wouldn't be hard to bring a pen for him while you're there. Just set it up on something waterproof like a shower curtain with towels and fleece. For actually traveling in the car, a hard sided plastic carrier is the best option.

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
I've managed to shove a 2x4 C&C cage and three pet carriers into the back of my sedan before. But if your cage won't fit in your car I agree with those who have already posted: it is easy enough to set up a temporary cage with just some grids, zip ties, and a shower curtain. Plus, it is way cheaper to do that than buy a temporary cage from a pet store.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.