Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I need some advice

SkyandGizmo

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I made a post a few days ago about cages. After awhile of guilting my parents they agreed to buy me a larger one but I don't know what kind to buy? Any suggestions? Thank you! ☺️☺️

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
How many pigs do you have? I would get a c&c cage. The preferred size for 2 pigs is 2x4, and add a grid in length for each added pig. They are pretty cheap to make yourself, I made mine for about $40. The grids were $20 and the coroplast was $20 as well. You can also order them online from https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/ It is easier to customize your cage when you make it yourself, though, but you don't have to.

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
Hi, it's great to see you've listened to our advice. And I'm glad we didn't scare you off [emoji23] I would definitely recommend a C&C cage, it's affordable and you can change the shape and size whenever you want. You could also get a Midwest cage, but you'd have to buy two and join them. As long as you don't buy those pet store cages it's fine.
Here's a website:
https://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-C-and-C-Cage-for-a-Guinea-Pig

SkyandGizmo

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I just bought a C&C 2x5 grid wide loft cage from well here this website! I think She'll love it! And it's big enough that if I get another piggie sometime soon she'll fit! So thank you again!

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Awesome! That's plenty big, you would be able to fit 3 pigs in there :D

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
@SkyandGizmo
That's great, she'll be able to run around freely. You're doing good so far. All you need to do is get another piggie, which can be done in your own time [emoji56]

PudgePig

Cavy Gazer
Good choice!

Comely Guineas

Cavy Slave
Awesome! You made such a great decision for your lil piggies!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.