Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The Perfect Hay Rack/Dispenser for 2 Piggies

pennick

Cavy Slave
It has taken me 1 year to find my perfect hay rack/dispenser.

I have tried them all.

.. The bent grid in all different angles ( hay always fell out with most landing on the cage floor. Or they would jump onto it and I was always afraid they would hurt their little feetsies.

.. A litter box full of hay for them to jump into ( I couldn't stand them urinating and pooping in it).

And finally 2 days ago it hit me. My piggies first toy was the Giant Roll A Nest which was now gathering dust.
(broken link removed)

I put a piece of wire through the top and tie it to my second level to keep it standing upright. I just stuff hay into it and my 2 girls love it. They each have their own opening to shove their heads into. Perfect for 2 piggies. The hay sticks to the nest, so much of it stays inside rather than all over the cage floor. Also, because it stays inside bunched up in the nest it helps contain the aroma.

I thought I would share.

x0PiggyPerson0x

Cavy Slave
That's a really neat idea! I'll have to give it a try sometime, and it would probably also be fun to stuff lettuce in for 'enrichment'.

GAcavies

Cavy Slave
I use the same thing! Although, mine is on the floor cage so they can roll it around but the hay stays clean!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.