Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Parasites Ants Near/Possibly Inside Cage, Need Advice

wheektastic

Cavy Gazer
So, it's getting warmer where I live, and that means that ants are starting to find their way inside my apartment. They usually get in under the poorly-sealed dining room back wall, where one of my piggies, Timmy Turner, is housed. I'm worried they'll get into his cage, food, and hay, if they haven't already (the food and hay are both sealed, but it's still a concern, as I've had problems with ants before), so I'm considering moving his cage. Should I? And what are the risks if I don't? Is there anything I can do to keep the ants out, without moving the cage?

(posted under medical because I wasn't sure where else this would fit)

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I get them every spring too. I get terro ant traps to use. I get them at walmart or home depot. I start with 2 packs and add more if needed. Let me add that I live in a 3rd floor apartment and the complex is old. We get hunters once in a while but spring is when the problem starts every year.
(broken link removed)

HopefulRomantic

Cavy Slave
I get them too pretty much every July, they are very small black ants for me. I use Terro and it works amazingly!
They never seem interested in my guinea pigs cage or any of his food though, as I always check :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.