Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hey, everyone!

SennaRei

Cavy Slave
Hey guys! I live up in Newfoundland, Canada. I've been stalking around this forum for a while before finally registering. :p

Although I do not currently have any guinea pigs, I had two when I was younger. They were two Abyssinian brothers who got along well. After finding an old picture of them in march, I decided to do some research on them and get a pair of guinea pigs again. I wasn't sure why sites were saying not to adopt from pet stores, and decided "Well, I don't see why that would be bad." Then I went to a pet store. They had one cage with all of the guinea pigs. There was 2 males, and two females. Three were only 2-3months old, housed with an older male. That male was aggressive towards one little female. Let's just say I promptly adressed the owner of the store before leaving. xD

So, ever since the beginning of this year, I've been constantly doing my research on cavies, and I have found a shelter two hours away that rarely has them, but that is where I'd like to adopt. I'm also looking into the best things to get for a guinea pig(which brand of cage is best, best brand food, etc.) If anyone could give me anymore tips, that would be awesome!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.