Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Floor Time

Z

zuthrie

Floor Time

I have three boars in a 2x6 c&c cage. They spend all day doing laps and chasing each other in their cage. But then when i take them out for floor time they run to the nearest corner and hide together. I understand their need for exercise, but if I can't get them to run around outside the cage, are they getting enough exercise?

B

Briana D

Re: Floor Time

They're probably getting plently of exercise from what you described. They only hide during floor time probably because they are a bit intimiated by the new area. When you give them floor time put some familiar stuff from their cages in the floor. Maybe that will help them feel more comfortable.

GeorgieLolaLove

Cavy Slave
Re: Floor Time

Like Briana said, you can make the place more interesting with familiar stuff and other toys and hidey houses. And of course, it is more fun for the piggies to explore the unfamiliar space when they can find little treats everywhere, so you can put veggies in the hidey houses, on toys and in little corners, so they have to run around and explore to find some food!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.