Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C LOVE C&C cages - I just redesigned the cage - again!

Chloe_s_mom

Cavy Slave
Gosh, I can't say enough about c&c cages, but am especially thrilled with the ability to customize them. Our initial cage was raised 2 x 4 with front door (bi-fold) access. However, my daughters had a heck of a time retrieving their guineas as the cage was on a desk/shelving unit.

So I tore it down and rebuilt the cage, making it a 2 x 5, covered, with two, offset lofts - one is 2 x 2 and is the sleeping area, the other is 1.5 x 2 and is one of the kitchens.

The entire cage is covered, as we have small dogs as well as cats. I'm using fleece flippers for most of the cage, and disposable bedding for the kitchen areas. Seems to work well enough, though the girlies do kick out bedding, if startled. I might try screening the kitchen portion again (did it on the older cage, and it also gave them a bit more of a sense of security, and they seemed to startle less).

Current inhabitants are two female Abby guineas, less than a year old.
LOVE C&C cages - I just redesigned the cage - again!

nice set up :)

I used to use bedding in my kitchen (2x1.5) and it was a mess. Mine kicked it out all the time too and it was expensive. So I made several "pads" for that area. My kitchens are coroplast so I sewed a uhaul pad with fleece on the top. I lay down newspaper, a towel and the uhaul/fleece pad. Works wonderful and I can't change it easily as I made several of them and change it often since they use it faithfully and I don't have to change rest of cage as often. Just a suggestion

Theres a pic of the liner in the boys cage. Chicken creepin as usual. underneath is sewn on uhaul pad, then layer of newspaper and towel. Works greatLOVE C&C cages - I just redesigned the cage - again!

Thanks Daisy1cow, That looks easy enough to change daily? I wonder if I could sew something using diaper (cloth) components, bec the bedding is a pain, smells quickly. I did put some screen (bought at Home Depot) around the big kitchen, and the girls like it bec it offers them a wee bit more "protection", so I find that they don't bolt off everytime someone walks past.

the cage looks great, good job! :)
I know coroplast is just a minor detail of the cage usually that's not given much attention but I do LOVE the "wavy cut" style of the lofts! I wish I could do that, unfortunately one of my piggies is a chewer so I have to cover up the edges with fleece.

do you have picutures of your piggies? :)

Thanks! Managed not to cut my hands making those waves, which was a bonus :)

Yes, attaching a pic of the girlies - Princess Buttercup is the caramel chubby girl and Princess Anna is the one posing with my daughter's class mascot (part of a project - the mascot, a squirrel, went home with a different child each weekend, and its adventures were recorded).

LOVE C&C cages - I just redesigned the cage - again!LOVE C&C cages - I just redesigned the cage - again!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.