Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets New Pellet on the market ?!

Megaredize

Cavy Slave
Hagen has come out with their new Green line and has new guinea pig pellets. There are plain pellets not a seed mix has no alfalfa in it for the adult food. Normally i stay away from Hagen but this food does look better than the normal food they sell. Here is the nutritional info on the food and link

Ingredients: Timothy grass, peas, tall fescue grass, orchard grass, potato meal, pea protein concentrate, whole flax seed, smooth brome grass, cellulose, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract), dicalcium phosphate, lecithin, calcium carbonate, yeast extract, choline chloride, DL-methionine, dried yeast, L-lysine, calcium L-ascorbyl-2-monophosphate, manganous sulfate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, vitamine E supplement, niacin, copper sulfate, d-calcium pantothenate, vitamin A supplement, riboflavin, calcium iodate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), thiamine mononitrate, cobalt sulfate, folic acid, sodium selenite, vitamin D[SUB]3[/SUB] supplement, biotin, vitamin B[SUB]12[/SUB] supplement.
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein 13% (min), Crude Fat 3% (min), Crude Fibre 22% (max), Moisture 10% (max), Ash 9% (max), Calcium 0.4% (min), Calcium 0.6% (max), Phosphorus 0.3% (min), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) (min) 595 mg/kg, Vitamin A 1,500 IU/kg (min), Vitamin D[SUB]3[/SUB] 600 IU/kg (min).

What do you guys think about this food? I have a hard time telling if its any good or not. Heres the link to their website for the food

(broken link removed)

yeah but it is an extruded pellet ,the seeds are not whole seeds

If you normally stay away from Hagen, why go for it? I wouldn't. I'd go with the brands that have raving reviews on this forum.

It's got calcium carbonate (limestone) for the calcium source, which is enough to make me avoid it altogether. Also, the calcium range of .4%-.6% is worrisome. The low end is ok, the high end is too high, IMO.

WOW, You posted a thread...lol I was shocked.
;)

lol i comment out of the blew more often then i start a thread ;)

@bpatters ty i knew about the calcium carbonate not being ideal but my current pellet has that also. i think even oxbow uses that. being in Canada i am not going to order from KMS even thought it would be awesome if we had something of that quality here. The ONLY reason i asked about this hagen food was when i was at the pet store the bag said .4% calcium which sounded good. then reading the website it says .4% is the low end and .6% is the high end so that is misleading because im sure i did not see that on the bag itself at the store. either ways i am not going to try it. i just like to take a peek into new products coming out because eventually im hoping someone will get it right - well other than KMS which is harder for me personally to get.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.