Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Lolo still hasn't had her babies. Yes, she did!

Re: Lolo still hasn't had her babies.

Maybe you can kinda scoot her around, I know she wouldn't like it, but if you're that worried id try to maybe shoo her out of the corner and try to get a quick picture..video works too

Just never had a pregnant guinea pig, was not on purpose . Just wanted to know if it's normal for the genitals to swell up during pregnancy. I'll try to get a picture, but she scratches pretty hard and my husband is worried and her scratching me cause I'm two months myself.

I'd understand, but let's avoid picking her up ;) I've never had a pregnant piggy, I'm more of with boys lol. (I do have girls, but their spayed)
If it helps any, what you can do is have your husband shoo her into a position with her butt relatively out to you, and put your phone or camera down with the lens facing her. Then turn off the flash, or provide lighting, and snap a picture or try to pull a quick video. That way you don't have to pick her up.

Another idea if you need her out of the cage, some people use a Piggy Elevator. Its just a box with fleece and "piggy luring" stuff. The box is closed on the bottom with a doorway cut out, and a opening at the top. Wait for her to walk inside the elevator and close the door :D then lift the box out.
From there, try not to take her out by picking her up, imagine the pain of being picked up while holding kids in your stomach ;-;

And congrats on being 2 months :D

Sounds like any day now when the behind gets pointy, and buldging,keep us update d!!!

Lolo had her babies last night I'll get better pictures tonight. Three pups Lolo still hasn't had her babies.  Yes, she did!Lolo still hasn't had her babies.  Yes, she did!

Lolo still hasn't had her babies.  Yes, she did!Lolo still hasn't had her babies.  Yes, she did!Lolo still hasn't had her babies.  Yes, she did! more pics

Awwww, they are so cute!

Daww, they are adorable, congrats, I read through the thread and I'm glad everything went well. :)

Thanks she's being a great mommy. They where all clean when I first saw them, no blood any where to be seen. They've already been feeding off mommy and she had some peppers this morning herself.
Right now their just sleeping in a pile. Was a nice surprise this morning.

Sooo cute their hopping all over their blanket.

(broken link removed)

That video is just too sweet!

Remember that little boys need to be removed from mom and sisters at 3 weeks old. They can go in with daddy at that time :)

It was so hard to leave for work this morning. Their all so cute. One looks a lot like her mom, tan body, white head with the messy hair on top. Then there's a all tan one and one white the white stripe across the belly with a dark grayish bottom, the head is half brown half dark grayish.

Awwww love the one with the white head!

That's the first one to venture outside the box where the where born.

Oh congratulations!!! I'm so happy everyone is healthy! (and very very cute!!!) Is there anyway to seal off the bottom level from the top level?

Too much cuteness! Computer shutting down!lol

Congratulations, they are so cute, popping away! I'm worried too they could fall off the top level. Can you block off the opening for a while?

Will you be keeping them?

I think I could jimmy up a kind of solid rail so mom can still get to them. Would love to keep them all but if I can't I won't let go till I find a good home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.