Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Crusty Eyes Crusty eyes, boogers in nose

AshiixRainbow

Cavy Slave
I was holding my guinea pig Rainbow and I noticed she's been acting weird lately and when I held her yesterday I noticed she had snot in her nose she had very little crust on her eyes if any and today I noticed my two other piggys had very little crust on their eyes. Philliup also has little boogers in his nose and I wasn't able to get a good look at Link's nose. He doesn't like to stay still. There's no sneezing or coughing or wheezing. Any help is appreciated.

Vet, as soon as you can get them there. All of those are signs of UTIs, and you need treatment before they get any worse.

That's what I was afraid of.. Thank you. There's an appointment set up for all three of them as soon as the weather warms up. Which this coming week it's supposed to warm up. I was also wondering if the humidity could also show signs of an URI. It's apparently very low up here and quite dry. Would that affect them?

Humidity inside a house shouldn't affect them, unless it's VERY dry.

If the symptoms gets worse, take them in sooner. The quicker a URI is treated, the better the chances are of it being completely cleared up.

It's about 30% humidity. The only day I can get them there is Tuesday. Tomorrow it's supposed to snow alot and I don't know if I can make it. If I can tomorrow that's when they're going to the vet. Thank you for your help. :)

It wouldn't be the humidity then. Sometimes where I live the humidity goes down to 10% and all of my guinea pigs are fine, they just drink more water.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.