Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump What’s on my Guinea pigs nose?

bambi&flower

Cavy Gazer
Excuse the back of the cage it’s just stain.

Attachments

DB2B7FC3-448F-4F4E-81D4-FC3C1EB59271.jpeg 98B62B97-1CEF-488D-8B1C-F833ACF1DF4A.jpeg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Your picture is too small to really tell, but there are a couple of possibilities.

One, if the pig is male, it may well be "boar glue," or ejaculated sperm. If so, leave it alone and he'll eventually get it off.

Or two, it could be cheilitis, but it doesn't look much like it to me. Look at the pictures at https://www.guinealynx.info/cheilitis.html and see if that looks like what it is.

bambi&flower

Cavy Gazer
Your picture is too small to really tell, but there are a couple of possibilities.

One, if the pig is male, it may well be "boar glue," or ejaculated sperm. If so, leave it alone and he'll eventually get it off.

Or two, it could be cheilitis, but it doesn't look much like it to me. Look at the pictures at https://www.guinealynx.info/cheilitis.html and see if that looks like what it is.

she is a girl and that doesn’t look like what it is. She’s eating right now so that’s good. I only just noticed it I’m not sure what to do

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Did it just pop up all at once, or start small and grow slowly?

Is it itchy?

It could be a kind of wart. I think I'd want a vet to look at it, but it certainly doesn't look like anything that's an emergency.

bambi&flower

Cavy Gazer
Did it just pop up all at once, or start small and grow slowly?

Is it itchy?

It could be a kind of wart. I think I'd want a vet to look at it, but it certainly doesn't look like anything that's an emergency.
I only noticed today, just popped up. She doesn’t seem to be trying to scratch at it. Thank you for the help :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.