Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Color preference

Lucille

Cavy Slave
Do you prefer light colors or darker colors for your fleece bedding?

Riot101

Cavy Slave
I love dark, warm colours in the winter, but light colours in summer...

pinky

Cavy Slave
I buy what's on sale and mix and match two fleece pads in each cage. If one's dark, I'll a lighter one next to it. The only thing the guinea pigs react to are really bright colors or very contrasting prints.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I like patterns with multiple colors.

Lucille

Cavy Slave
Here is my plan to begin with. I bought black fleece for the basic covering. Then I will have lighter color cuddle cups and maybe a bright mat over in the hay area, both with patterns. What do you think?

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
I like darker patterned fleece. It shows less dirt and makes easier to see if they are getting too much calcium (if you know what I mean)!

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
I would just go with what you like to look at. Right now I have modern patterns in both bright and dark colors. Everything from black/white/lime green to purple and blue. I have a light blue snowman pattern I'm putting in the cage tomorrow! ❤️

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
I like darker colors and patterns. I agree it hides some of the hair/poop better. I had a lovely lime green fleece I used ONCE because it looks so terrible after a few days and I couldn't stand that it looked so dirty even though I knew it wasn't that bad.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Buying anything with lots of white is always disappointing. Pee shows up so well! Light pinks, purples, teals, and yellows don't seem to show the pee as much. If you get something with a really "busy" pattern it helps disguise stuff. That's why my dad likes Hawaiian shirts. He can spill stuff on it and it's not as noticeable.

soopermum62

Cavy Slave
Right now I have a solid Red, and a solid Teal fleece. I usually don't love the color red, but I am loving it in the pigs cage. It shows what I need to see to do "poo patrol" and it looks cuddly. I haven't tried the Teal one yet. I plan on getting some different colors & prints for the other seasons. But so far I am loving the solid colors

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
I started out with patterned fleece, and after a while it was just too busy for me. So, now I've been on a solid binge. I've done a few kind of quilted tops with solids recently, and I'm loving that.

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
My current form of fleece are piggy bedspreads and I only have 2 one leopard print and the other is crystal swirl which is light blue with some white snowflakes and darker blue swirl designs. The blue one (which is currently in my cage) Is easier to see droppings on but I like the look of the leopard better in my room (my walls are royal purple and my bed is black and white) but it can be a pain to find droppings on.

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
I haven't had a problem with my white and light colored fleece. If you pick up the poos twice a day there isn't really a problem but if you leave them longer than that my guinea pigs at least have a habit of stepping and smashing the poos up, leaving poo dust on everything and that looks really dirty. :sick:

T_Licious

Cavy Slave
I like patterns with both because with multiple pigs in a big cage, it helps me spot issues like white or red pee much earlier.

angk101

Cavy Slave
Actually, guinea pigs can see in color. So when the fleece is bright, poppy, or fun patterned, it will stimulate your guinea pig's mind, and possibly make them live longer and happier. Also, lighter fleece is easier to clean because you can see the poos, and sweeping them up will take less time. But darker colors might look nicer, if you don't clean the poos once or twice a day.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
I prefer darker and more bold patterned Fleece. Hides the hay bits, the poop and such better! Definitely don't like lighter colors or solids as much. I've been decorating for the holidays so I have a set of 4th July fleece for the summer, then a crab fleece for the summer, I have snowflakes and reindeer for Christmas/winter and such too!

Lucille

Cavy Slave
Actually, guinea pigs can see in color. So when the fleece is bright, poppy, or fun patterned, it will stimulate your guinea pig's mind, and possibly make them live longer and happier.

That is a pretty amazing theory. Maybe I should repaint my house in bold primary colors.

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I like fleece that has a brown colored base with colorful patterns. It hides poop well because of the brown, but still looks awesome.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I don't care for bedspreads that have a waterproof backing. It traps the moisture. I prefer fleece pads with fleece on two sides so they breath more. They wash and dry nicely, too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.