Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

agressive male piggy

cavy_lady

Cavy Slave
one of my male pigs has recetnly been agrressive when i try to hold him he just runs and scwerms away but when i dont let him run away and im trying to keep him still to pet him he tries to bite me, also i have his brother , when they are both in my arms johnny (the trouble one) starts too fight with alan ( the good boy) johnny just started to act like this, he was fine and sweet when he was a baby is it just puberty, does he need to be in a home where he is the only male pig. if you have any suggestions to help my piggy have a happy life please tell me i dont know what to do ?

I think we need a little more info.

What size cage do you have them in? Do they live together?

The squirming and aggresion could be caused by mites. Have you taken them to a vet recently for a check-up? It would be a good idea to do so. If it's mites then no amount of advice will fix the problem until the mites are gone.

One other thing. Please use proper capitilization and punctuation in your posts. The way you typed this post was very hard to read. Please go here for more info about our posting rules. https://guineapigcages.com/forum/announcement.php?f=27&announcementid=7

It could be mites or lice or just general stress. Pay attention to any increase in scratching. Two of my male pigs starting fighting and when I looked closely at their fur, it was crawling with lice. They could also be fighting due to lack of cage space. How big is their cage?

If he doesn't want to be held, I'd say, you should respect that and put him down. Biting is his only defense.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.