Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Keeping Warm Guinea pig in my backyard. will he make it? and advice on catching

mommazilla

Cavy Slave
I have a feeling, she's not going to let just anyone have him :)

What a special guy he is! He looks right at home!

Exactly right, I'm not letting him go to just anyone. I'm in no hurry. Until (and if) the right home comes along, I'll get his cage cleaned up daily and he'll get fed and some love after my daughter goes down at the very least.

Dudley, thanks for your kind words!

Cavalicious

Cavy Slave
I definitely love both Juniper and Wilbur as names. Those pictures are so precious and he's so handsome. I understand you having a lot on your plate (with a toddler and other pets to consider, not to mention your marriage!) and being wise enough and certainly very responsible, to boot, to decline raising him yourself. I'm glad you're going to be very choosy about who the pig ends up with. A big red flag would be anyone who hasn't done enough research on their own before making the appointment with you, if you decide to adopt him out from your home. Or you could find a really good rescue that has a good reputation. You can ask to be kept in the loop if a candidate comes along, if that will put your mind at ease.

He's so beautiful and wonderfully resilient, I can't help but wonder why anyone would have let him go in the first place, but I'm glad you were there to rescue him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.