Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

YouTube Videos

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Has anyone seen the WeeCompanion youtube videos? She has instructional videos on how to clip nails and give baths.

The one about clipping nails was decent but I was appaled by the video about giving baths. She said to use Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo.

I sent her a message saying that it is unacceptable to use such shampoos, but i doubt it will do any good. :weepy:

Apparently they are a rescue in San Diego.

5guinea5pig5

Cavy Slave
A rescue bathing them like that? That's just horrible!

5guinea5pig5

Cavy Slave
That pig was so terrified! I wish I could pig-nap it and give it a better life.

ILHoneyandCustard

Cavy Slave
I dont get it what was wrong with it.

My local shelter says thet baby shampoo is a good option, I dont use it,I use head and sholders, also advised shelter. I also bath my long haird girl once a month.

The lady didn't seem to miss handle to cavy she seemed gentle and the piggy didnt look worried I mean yes i didn't seem to love the bath but what piggy does.

So any explanation I liked the video I think it was well done.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
If you go to their website, they have several adoptable pairs and trios of piggies of mixed sexes, with no mention of spaying/nuetering. The only fixing that was every noted was in a female duo, in which one was spayed. Perhaps they need to do some research?!

MissGinger

Cavy Slave
This is on there website.

"Our guinea pig adoption fee is $25 for one and $40 for a pair. If the pig has already been neutered or spayed, add $15. This helps defray our surgery costs"

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
I didn't look over the entire site, as I didn't have the time, so I didn't see this. However, does it ensure the mixed pairs are spayed/nuetered? The only mention of it I saw on the adoptable page was a sow, who was paired with another sow. Personally, I don't think this rescue is very experience at all.

pennykit&amanda

Cavy Slave
When I first got my guinea pigs, I watched that and took her advise. I now have small animal shampoo and bathe them no more than once every three months.

MissGinger

Cavy Slave
I didn't look over the entire site, as I didn't have the time, so I didn't see this. However, does it ensure the mixed pairs are spayed/nuetered? The only mention of it I saw on the adoptable page was a sow, who was paired with another sow. Personally, I don't think this rescue is very experience at all.

I dont know. Why don't you email them & ask, I'm sure they will be happy to answer the questions for you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.