Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay Website giving out free hay samples!

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@Laurie, do you sell pellets as well?
I look forward to my free sample. My girls can be pretty picky, I do hope they'll love your hay.

leopardjunkie

Cavy Slave

Laurie

Cavy Slave
@MrWhistles , no pellets yet, but we intend to in the near future! I hope your girls will love it, please let me know their reaction once you get it:).

@leopardjunkie, no problem:).

NorthernLight

Cavy Slave
The Small Pet Select website looks great and contains good information, and the prices for the timothy hay seem hard to beat, especially considering the supposed quality (I will post again once my piggies actually receive their first ever piece of mail- hay- and probably eat it all in one sitting). Plus the regular shipping cost is pretty much amazing.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
@MrWhistles , no pellets yet, but we intend to in the near future! I hope your girls will love it, please let me know their reaction once you get it:).

Thank you. I sure will give the review my girls pass onto me *wink*

Tribble79

Cavy Slave
Oh thanks!!!

schavarry

Cavy Slave

Laurie

Cavy Slave
@NorthernLight - Thank you!

I also saw that there were some comments about our referral program. Yes it is true currently we have a promotion running through the end of October, for every person you refer you will earn $10 cash (referrals are tracked by unique referral links and payments are made once monthly via Paypal). Everyone that purchases the product or claims their free sample will automatically get an email to join the referral program. One girl who runs the "Spoiled Rotten Rabbits" facebook page had already earned $90 from this referral program and she announced on her facebook page that she planned to donate all of it to rescues which I thought was a great idea. If anyone has any additional questions on this promotion please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks again,

Laurie

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
@Laurie My free sample came today! my girls DEVOURED it. They loved it so much, it is so green and soft and leafy. It is so fresh and smells amazing! We will definitely be ordering some more soon! :)

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
how big was the sample? I would love to have the i :love:guinea pigs! sticker. Everyone at work knows I have piggies
I think this would look really cute

Its a decent size bag full, think of a bag of oxbow treats its about that size and its stuffed with hay. My girls loved it.! :)

Lp333

Cavy Slave
=( it said they dont ship to Ontario =( that sucks

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
If the quality is great and my girls love it, i would be SO grateful if they begin selling pellets. The pricing is great!

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
the 5.99 shipping is amazing or 50 lbs of hay, that shipping is awesome, plus the free shipping codes. @MrWhistles mine came today, my girls loved it!!! :)

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
I just realized something...Small Pet Select prices their hay MORE than KMS.
9lbs of 2nd cut timothy from KMS is $11 plus shipping
8lbs of SPS timothy is $24.99 plus shipping.

Even tho I am on the opposite side of the country, KMS is still cheaper for me than SPS. It's a shame, I really liked SPS's flat rate shipping price.

Laurie

Cavy Slave
@MrWhistles - Thank you for your comment and bringing this to my attention, because we are trying our best to be an affordable option for people so this is good information to have. Just for my reference, what price are you getting for KMS? After your comment I checked and I am seeing a total of 9lbs for $11 (hay) + $16.27 (shipping) = $27.27 to central Florida. Can you confirm that's what you're seeing?

Currently our pricing is 8lbs for $24.99 + $5.99 shipping = $30.98. However we are offering a coupon for the free shipping, making the total $24.99. Also if you go to the shopping cart (broken link removed) you will see the option to "LIKE" our Facebook page to get an additional $2 discount which would make your total price $22.99 on 8lbs on your first order. As for our prices in the future, we are thinking to do a customer loyalty program in which we would keep the free shipping for all reapeat customers. Also, our 8lb package is at the very minimum 8lbs, but generally it is much closer to 8.5lbs hay as our box weight is 1.3 lbs and we try to have as close to a 10lb shipping weight without going over (we have to pay more shipping to UPS if we go over 10lbs). This is just for your reference, I think KMS is a good company as well, but I just wanted you to know we are doing our best trying to be as affordable option as possible for people.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
@MrWhistles - Thank you for your comment and bringing this to my attention, because we are trying our best to be an affordable option for people so this is good information to have. Just for my reference, what price are you getting for KMS? After your comment I checked and I am seeing a total of 9lbs for $11 (hay) + $16.27 (shipping) = $27.27 to central Florida. Can you confirm that's what you're seeing?

Currently our pricing is 8lbs for $24.99 + $5.99 shipping = $30.98. However we are offering a coupon for the free shipping, making the total $24.99. Also if you go to the shopping cart (broken link removed) you will see the option to "LIKE" our Facebook page to get an additional $2 discount which would make your total price $22.99 on 8lbs on your first order. As for our prices in the future, we are thinking to do a customer loyalty program in which we would keep the free shipping for all reapeat customers. Also, our 8lb package is at the very minimum 8lbs, but generally it is much closer to 8.5lbs hay as our box weight is 1.3 lbs and we try to have as close to a 10lb shipping weight without going over (we have to pay more shipping to UPS if we go over 10lbs). This is just for your reference, I think KMS is a good company as well, but I just wanted you to know we are doing our best trying to be as affordable option as possible for people.

Yes, that is the total price when ordering just my hay from KMS.

I was actually reconsidering ordering my 9lbs and instead get the 15lbs as I am now no longer a single piggy owner. I now have 2 sows instead of my lone boar. So the 9lbs had worked out perfectly for just him. Do you plan to have a 15lb option?

Laurie

Cavy Slave
@MrWhistles - No 15lb option currently. Currently we have the 8lb option, the 22lb option, and 50lb option. Perhaps in the future we will look into a 15lb option if enough people seem to request that. Thanks for your feedback!

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
@MrWhistles - No 15lb option currently. Currently we have the 8lb option, the 22lb option, and 50lb option. Perhaps in the future we will look into a 15lb option if enough people seem to request that. Thanks for your feedback!

I am disappointed that I wouldn't be purchasing from your company. You have a lot of happy and satisfied customers. I will be bookmarking your page and passing you along to other cavy owners who need good quality hay.

Laurie

Cavy Slave
That's really nice of you...thank you so much!

Lilathandra

Cavy Slave
@Laurie We just got our sample in the mail and it smells so amazing! We will be looking into ordering from you once we start running low on hay. It would be great if you start doing pellets as well. I will be giving the hay to our piggies shortly to see how they like it. So far I am totally in love with it.

Thank you again! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.