Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Water bottle frustration

krystle.sm87

Cavy Slave
My one piggie Guido drives me crazy with this he seems like he’s playing with his water bottle. I fill it and in like a hour it is all on the bottom of his cage. And his bedding is soaked, thus I have to change the bedding again(which is getting expensive). The bottle does not leak I switched his bottle out with the one I had with my other piggie and the same thing happened, but the one I gave to the other was still half full of water. So it is definitely him. 

I wouldn’t care if it wasn’t for the fact bedding isn’t the cheapest thing out there plus it also ruins his hay which is also not cheap. But I work, so he does that and doesn’t have water threw out the day which worries me all day at work. So I rush on my little 30 min break to come back home and fill it back up.I tried a dish but he just pees in it and poops in the bowl. 

Any help please!!!!
Didn't know where to post this

Fantaziez

Cavy Gazer
Mine poops in the bowl too, we just have to deal with it and clean it out daily, so i'm stuck in the same boat as you :(

krystle.sm87

Cavy Slave
Mine poops in the bowl too, we just have to deal with it and clean it out daily, so i'm stuck in the same boat as you :(
It drives me crazy, cause gets so dirty and stuff I'm like ew so I don't like using the bowl 😧

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
Maybe get a couple small water bottles? That way maybe he will play with 2 but forget about the third?

krystle.sm87

Cavy Slave
Maybe get a couple small water bottles? That way maybe he will play with 2 but forget about the third?
I just do not get the fascination with it is.. He has tons of toys in there and chewing stuff in his cage but still goes back to that bottle

krystle.sm87

Cavy Slave
I wonder if your bottle is just leaking. After you fill it up completely do you squeeze a little bit out of the nozzle? Some pigs do like to play with their bottles but the way you describe it sure sounds like the bottle may be leaking. If it's possible I would just purchase another bottle and see if the problem still continues.

I certainly understand your frustration with your cage and bedding getting soaked. I hope a new bottle might solve your problem.
It isn't the bottle I switched his bottle with my other guinea pigs bottle Chewy filled them both.
The bottle was still pretty much full close to it when chewy had it, and Chewy bottle that I gave to Guido to see if it was the bottle was totally empty and bedding soaked. Switched them back and still the same thing

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Is he a cage by himself?

krystle.sm87

Cavy Slave
Is he a cage by himself?
Yes I kept trying to get the two boys together but Chewy bite Guido so bad I had to take him to the vet

CaylorCavies

Cavy Slave
Do you think he would leave one of those fleece pee pads under the water bottle? It wouldn't help with the empty water bottle, but at least it would save the bedding and the hay.

krystle.sm87

Cavy Slave
Do you think he would leave one of those fleece pee pads under the water bottle? It wouldn't help with the empty water bottle, but at least it would save the bedding and the hay.
I'm not to sure he won't even leave his food dish or house in one spot he moves everything around lol

lizpow

Cavy Slave
I put a bowl under all of my water bottles because one of my piggies makes a mess with the the all the time. The bowls get hay kicked into them often but I just switch them out. It's way cheaper that how often you are changing bedding. Are u living some where you piggy if getting to warm? He could be trying to cool down?

Denise Mabie

Cavy Slave
I put small paver bricks under my water bottles and they absorb the water.

krystle.sm87

Cavy Slave
I put a bowl under all of my water bottles because one of my piggies makes a mess with the the all the time. The bowls get hay kicked into them often but I just switch them out. It's way cheaper that how often you are changing bedding. Are u living some where you piggy if getting to warm? He could be trying to cool down?
Not its usually about 65 in my house at all times

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.