Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Want to get a C&C cage, but worried about dog and cat

RoundPiggies

Cavy Slave
I've been wanting to get a new, bigger cage for my two pigs for a while now. I've been looking at C&C cages, but have been hesitant to actually get one. This is because I have a cat and a dog, and I'm worried that they may try to get into the cage somehow. I don't really have anywhere to put the cage where they can't get to it, like in another room. Both the dog and cat are pretty harmless, but I'd hate for them to do something to the pigs. Does anyone know of anything I can do?

RoundPiggies

Cavy Slave
Ah, thank you! I'll do this.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Actually, it's a LOT easier, and a lot more sturdy, to use closet shelving for a lid. The home improvement stores will cut it to the length you need, and it comes in several widths. You can get two which you can place across the cage, and just move one out of the way when you want to get into the cage. Much easier than having to lift and prop up a lid that's the whoe width of the cage.

Ziptie the grids together when you're building the cage, and it will be sturdy enough to hold a small elephant.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.