Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Want to adopt...Can I?

XxCavyCrazyxX

Cavy Slave
I can't seem to find any place close to home to get my cavy. I have searched for rescues and in petfinder.com without succsess. I even volunteer at the local human society and nothing. I'd rather adopt then buy from a pet store but is their any other choice?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Re: Wan't to adopt...Can I?

Where is California are you ? California has several rescues all up and down the state.

sweetjay6891

Cavy Slave

I think California has the most homeless guinea pigs in the U.S.A......keep looking in your newpaper adds and bulliton post at your local feed stores and library. I may take a while but it's worth the wait. Guinea Pig Adoption Network

RufussMom

Cavy Slave

that guinea pig home.com website seems to have alot of rescues in CA. Have you checked there? Find the section for rescue listings.

C&K

Cavy Slave

I think some of the rescues could even arrange transportation for the pig to closer to you if they "approve" your adoption. It seems I am always hearing stories of people moving pigs all over that state!

How long have you been looking? I know I have seen people all the time say they can't find a local pig, but if they wait a few weeks and look in several places, pigs start comming out of their ears!

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave

What part of CA are you in? Northern, Southern? Central? There are too many homeless pigs here. Please don't buy. We can probably help you find some to rescue.

XxCavyCrazyxX

Cavy Slave

I live in Northern California, Butte county. I have looked in the newspapers and I am willing to wait in order to get my cavies (preferably two females). I am not sure about having them 'sent' to me, I want to see them before I decide so I can see their health and personality

sweetjay6891

Cavy Slave

Is Sacramento or Santa Rosa to far?

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

XxCavyCrazyxX

Cavy Slave
Unfortunatly it is. I am inexperienced driver and my parents are far to busy to take me there. This is why I am getting lost. But, I will keep looking in the paper and I'll continue to ask the humane society I volunteer at, I'm going there tomarrow in fact, thanks all! I hope it works out, I hate see my beautiful C&C cage empty!

XxCavyCrazyxX

Cavy Slave
Looking to adopt in Northern California!

Preferably 2 females but will consider otherwise (NO male and female mix unless neutered)

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Please do not start a second thread on the same topic. Your 2 threads have been merged.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.