Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Video of gp's in too small of home built cage

FuzzButtLover

Cavy Slave
I hope this is in the right section, I had a little trouble finding a place where it would fit best. (Read below Before watching)
YouTube - Feeding Time
This is a video of some kids feeding a whole lot of guinea pigs. I'm betting their intentions are good but there were at LEAST ten guinea pigs in that cage only big enough for maybe one. It seems like they give the pigs decent care, exept they're too crowded and they look too FAT. Some may even be pregnant, even though I'd hope not. They definetly aren't neglected of food as you can see, but what about floor time, they look like they are a little too spoiled and not given the excorsice they need. Also, if anyone views this does this help the people who put the video on? I think I saw something that said to stop putting videos on because it gives the people fame or something, I don't know.

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
Here's one I saw in the related videos section of that one

YouTube - A Guinea Pig Screwing a Rabbitt

Someone letting their guinea pig run around with a rabbit.

That can't be good.

And they're laughing because it's "screwing" the rabbit.

FuzzButtLover

Cavy Slave
Geez, the list goes on and on, I just found another video of a guinea pig that just got a new cage. A new HAMSTER cage. It is bad enough that they already have extremely small cages for guinea pigs in the first place, and this unsencable person puts a guinea pig in a hamster cage.

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
I honestly don't search on youtube for guinea pig videos anymore because over half of them upset me.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
and this unsencable person puts a guinea pig in a hamster cage.
It is because the petshops sell them as guinea pig cages. The owners are clueless, they aren't doing it on purpose just to aggravate us!

FuzzButtLover

Cavy Slave
Yes, but don't you think it is common sence when you go to buy a guinea pig to at least get a "guinea pig" cage. On the box most of the time it has a picture of the animal or the name of the animal and all the people have to do is play the matching game and match the picture/name with the real animal. Even though a guinea pig cage is still way too small for a guinea pig it is probably better than a cage made for a hamster. I even saw a hamster wheel in the cage, it looked as if the guinea pig could of only fit his head into it.

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
I always search for bad videos, and give them comments. I usually give them a link to this place if I think that they cage is too small. I'm on my mom's computer, and cannot log in, so I'll give those ones comments when I get one my own computer.

RAAF65

Cavy Slave
I just adopted a young male guinea pig a few days ago from some people who were allergic and could not care for him anymore.
I had seen pictures of him and knew he was in an aquarium (big no no) but when I went to pick him up, I did not realize just how deprived he was.

For the past 2-3 months that the people had owned him, he had been living in a 10G aquarium with cedar shavings, and nothing but a water bottle, his food dish, and a big tube to entertain him.
It was obvious the owners were completely clueless of how to take care of a guinea pig, but somehow I just can't understand how common sense seemed to not tell them that a 10G aquarium is not suiteable for a guinea pig to live in.

Right now, I am currently building him a Cavy Cage that will be just under 2x4 grids. It will also have a deck/loft.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.