Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Weight Underweight and overweight piggies?

• Thread starter mercurybubbles8
  • Start date

mercurybubbles8

Cavy Slave
I may be overthinking this, I have four pigs, but I have a question on two of them. Olive and Penny are about the same age, yet weigh very differently. Olive is 1230 grams and Penny is 930 grams. The last few months, Penny's weight has been consistent and Olives has creeped up a bit.

My question is if these are normal weights or is maybe olive is a bit on the heavy size and penny on the light side. They are both healthy and active, Penny less active than Olive.

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Each individual pig is always a different weight, as long as they aren't losing weight I wouldn't worry about them.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
As long as they are maintaining their weights everything should be normal. Guinea pigs can vary in size and those sound like normal weights.

I just wanted to comment on the irony! My one pair of pigs are named Olive and Penelope. They are within a week of each other in age and have a 150 gram weight difference except in my case my Penny is larger than Olive. Just a funny coincidence!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.