Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Two females in Nashville, TN

Talishan

Cavy Slave
Crossposted with permission:

(broken link removed)

The cat rescue likely has its heart in the right place, but obviously doesn't know they don't need to be in a classroom and that they need more spacious housing than that.

Is there anyone in the Nashville area that can help these two pretty girls?

awww what beautiful Piggies!

Wow, nice pigs, wish I lived close enough to take them.

That figures, I have been looking to adopt in my area. I live about 45 minutes away from Nashville, but now I will have my wish come true anyway. I am pretty sure that my guinea pig, Emmy, is going to have babies. So I will have my hands full as I intend on keeping everyone of them. I am so excited. Wish me luck on a successful delivery.

Good luck on a successful delivery! Bless you for preparing to keep them all.

If you know anyone else in your area who would make a good home and good caretaker for these girls, please let them know about them. (And get them to sign up here! ;))

Let us know how your girl does. Best wishes to her and to you.

Thanks, I will keep you all updated on how everything turns out.

Did you see in that ad, the picture of the "spacious cage" that you get when you adopt these two? Poor piggies.

Yeah, I was going to say, that cage is definitely not very "spacious." Certainly not for two piggies anyway, let alone one. And honestly I feel kind of bad for any classroom pet. Because kids don't exactly know how to handle small animals. I saw some young kids being really rough with pigs at a pet store, some were even squeezing them to the point where they were squealing...

...I wish I could adopt them...But sorry, no can do.

I e-mailed the poster. However I'm not very articulate, and I posted for help on guinealynx too. How can I explain firmly and politely why guinea pigs aren't good for classrooms?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.