Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

They are obsessed!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
The pigs actually fought against me to get into their cage! They are seriously obsessed, I'm sure of it. I close the doors, they pull them open. I put something in front of the doors, they do this!

I put hay out, they ignore it. I put pellets out, they ignore them. They just want to be in the cage all the time!

thecarerescue

Cavy Slave
Oh, that is so gorgeous!
Your pigs seem like such little jesters. Naughty boys and girls climbing on furniture!

ilovemykisses

Cavy Slave
Is that Tuppy I see trying to find a way to hop over the top of the cage?! *haha* She's my favorite, with her beautiful little self. I think it's amazing your pigs love staying in their cage. Mine can't wait to come out for lap time. *haha*

Love the piggie pics, CCC!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
It's funny actually, to see how different they are to just a year ago. They bit the pet store cage bars to come out, and then refused to go back in. I spent many hours trying to herd them back into the cage. Now with their C&C cage, they bite the bars to come out, eat their salad, then bite the bars to go back in! I have very rarely had to herd them towards their C&C. It just shows how much difference a large cage can make to piggies' lives.

I have rescued all the pigs but Lottie from the back of the sofa. I take them down, they jump up. I take them down, they jump up. It would go on for weeks if they had the chance.

ilovemykisses

Cavy Slave
That's so cute! Don't they're little antics make you smile :D I think it's a good sign that they like their cage so much. It tells you how much they love where they live. You have very happy piggies.

Good on you for being a good piggie mommy!

:)

Lisser

Cavy Slave
I like the piggy butts in the first picture!!

pink_cottonball

Cavy Slave
k, I need some help, when the pigs bite the bars they either want in our out? I jsut got my pis yesterday! THey aren't very scared but one of thme did bite the bars quite a bit, we never thought anything of it just thought he was silly and thought it was food!! :) please answer my question, would really help, cute pigtures!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
My pigs bite the bars to come out, then they bite the bars to go in. Daft little piggles. They also bite the bars when they smell food. With my pigs it's not out of boredom - they have more than enough toys, hideys and cozies in their cage to stop them getting bored.

piggywinkle

Cavy Slave
I love your pictures, your piggies are lovely. Can I ask if you got your little sofas in the UK and if so, could you please maybe let me know the place of where you bought them?

I have been looking for something like this and my daughter would absolutely LOVE something like this for a Christmas present

Thanks a lot in anticipation!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
It's not such a little sofa actually! Unless you mean the little blue armchair? Either way, the little blue armchair was off www.eBay.co.uk. The larger paw-print chair is meant for small dogs, and I bought it for £30 from (broken link removed). I am totally stuck as to what to buy them for Christmas now. They had their present (the paw-print sofa)early!

Pigaroo Mama

Cavy Slave
Well, I'm sure the beautiful Miss Tuppy wants in to be by her favorite bear keychain. She probably worries about it the whole time she is away. :silly:

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Probably! She seems to have abandoned the poor teddy though this last week. She's been spending her time squished in the corner doing a double sexy leg pose most of the time.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Off topic question, but what kind of bedding are you using now? Almost looks like you have switched to shavings.

The pictures are hilarious!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
On levels 2 and 4 it's vetbed, level 3 it's fleece and on the first level it's hay and newspaper. Now you mention it it does look a bit like shavings.

Lottie ventured on the back of the sofa last night, which is very unlike her. She almost fell off twice, but then she got the hang of it and actually started running across it.

While I remember: does anyone else's pigs prefer floor time in the dark? I was in a wierd mood last night and switched the lights off, just leaving a night-lamp on, and my pigs loved playing in the dark! They were actually more playful when there was hardly any light.

piggywinkle

Cavy Slave
Thanks CCC. I think I will do some online Christmas GP shopping!!They look so great!

Thanks

Haven't tried the dark with our piggys yet, but one will happily lie beside my daughter on the carpet as she does her homework and if she moves, he will follow her! Kind of like he is reading too. I nearly expect him to say "you've added that up wrong!" We have to be careful, my husband isn't that pet friendly and he has big feet!

Great photo opportunity, if I could find my camera!

Pigaroo Mama

Cavy Slave
cavy-cool-crazy said:
Probably! She seems to have abandoned the poor teddy though this last week. She's been spending her time squished in the corner doing a double sexy leg pose most of the time.
Well, it is a girl's perogative to change her mind. The beautiful ones are usually quite fickel.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.