Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance The fighting begans

ErikaBaby

Cavy Slave
Okay so I've had my two girls for two weeks already. I adopted them both together seeing how Hannah (mama) had babies i decided to just adopt her along with one of her babies ChaCha (daughter) So for the past few weeks they been fine but starting a couple days ago it hasnt been too good. I wake up in the middle of the night because one of them is crying. So today im sitting on my computer browsing on this site when I look over at the cage I see Hannah fighting with the baby. Then she comes towards me and when I put my hand in the cage she goes to sniff it but when I go touch her she runs back into the cage. When the baby came out she snapped her again and starting grinding her teeth.

Now I'm watching them and there eating hay together can someone explain to me whats going on please

They are probably working out dominance. How old is the baby? Maybe she is trying to still nurse or seek comfort from momma and momma thinks she is done raising her babies.

the baby is around 5-6 weeks old

It sounds like normal dominance behavior. Just leave them alone unless there is blood and they should be able to work it out.

Thanks. I was sorta thinking that was going on too. Sometimes tho the baby cries I think and now they are sleeping in different hidey houses.

Very few pigs will share hideys. They sound like they'll be just fine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.