Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise Suggestions for floortime?

iMariaRainbowz

Cavy Slave
So my mother doesn't want me to let the guinea pigs out for floortime directly on the floor, and it would be very tedious spreading towels or newspaper on the entire floor.
I am considering a play pen and putting a few towels underneath, but most of them aren't any bigger than their cage. Suggestions? :)

Perhaps keep floortime to just one room and spread towels and newspapers in that room only. I use my computer room/piggy room for this purpose, except my pigs don't care much for floor time. They want back in their cage ASAP!!

Can you get an inexpensive bed blanket, like, king-sized, or even better, an old mattress pad (they are usually water-proof). I bet your local thrift store has tons! Or, go to a craft store when they have fabric 1/2 off and, in the 'utility fabric' section, buy a large cut of inexpensive plain canvas?

Shower curtain and fleece with grids ziptied. Ours is 3x4, probably could be 4x4.

Thanks for the ideas! I might use the shower curtain idea.

Our pigs hate being on the floor but love laptime so I spread towels over the couch and let them play around on there while I work on the computer or watch TV.

You could set a shower curtain and sheet together and just lay that down for floor time, then roll it up when you're done and shake it out.

In terms of washing, I'm not sure how shower curtain stands up but there are other things you can use that wash and dry fine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.