Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Store bought cage

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Lissa said:
When did I mention they were outside? I didn't say that. Stop jumping to conclusions.
Read your quote below and tell be how that is suposed to be interpreted.

There would be no way i'd be able to bring all of my cages which are that size into the house. The house is way too small. So rather than leave them out in 100F+ weather I seemibly "cram" them into these cages to keep them cool.

I know what a sunroom is and it seems to be close to the same thing here as it is there but it is still considered part of the house, an indoor part.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Lissa said:
I couldn't get the name of the cage but the importer is called Pets International Australia.

The company responsible for making the cage is found at this website: https://www.goedkoperkanniet.com

Go to: (broken link removed) then K(broken link removed) then Konijnenkooi (on the left side bar)

Unless you can translate then I think you're going to have trouble reading it.

It's in Dutch and I can translate any part of the site should anyone need it.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I couldn't read the words, but the measurements are clear enough to get a good idea. I'm assuming the cage on that page is the bottom largest one?

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
I'm going to have to bookmark that page. That cage is pretty cheap, considering its size. And one of their locations is only about an hour away from me, so if I'm ever in the neighbourhood, I'll be sure to check those cages out.

Lissa

Cavy Slave
I know what a sunroom is and it seems to be close to the same thing here as it is there but it is still considered part of the house, an indoor part.

Oh Well SOOORRY!!

It used to be an open verandah. We then roofed it and enclosed it. We still call it the out part of the house as it is away from the actual living area and we don't do much living in there (I do but the rest of the family doesn't). It used to be the entertainment area until the pigs took over. We have a BBQ and used to have an table and chairs setting but we don't do much entertaining these days. It's got a small table and chairs out there now just for me and my visitors and I often sit out and do some paperwork or have a coffee and watch the pigs.

If any Aussies know of the "Queensland Room" then it is very similar to one of those.

I'm not fussed on what any of you do and don't believe. I've had a few people who are members of this forum over and they can vouch for my cage location and set up.

It's a no wonder I hear so many nasty stories about this forum. The attitude of the moderators and some of the general members is terrible.

Last edited:

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Lissa said:
Oh Well SOOORRY!!

. . .

It's a no wonder I hear so many nasty stories about this forum. The attitude of the moderators and some of the general members is terrible.

You need to cool your jets. It's your attitude that needs work. Your earlier post, as VJ re-quoted to you, left no doubt as to picture you painted your cavies in. Perhaps you should be a bit more careful in what you write. No assumptions were made. You stated facts about your situation. We responded to those facts.

You could have/should have realized that you misspoke about your situation and clarified it rather than copping an attitude yourself.

And if you have experience on this and other forums as you claim to, then you should know that we have yet to come across a vendor of properly-sized cages available in stores. If there is one, great. We also still stand by our guidelines of the appropriate number of pigs to space. You clarified that it was only for a few hours a few days a year. No one jumped to conclusions. Your initial posts were woefully lacking. That's your issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Lissa said:
The attitude of the moderators and some of the general members is terrible.
I'm sorry you feel that way. From the general tone of most of your posts, your own attitude leaves a lot to be desired as well. If being questioned about the living conditions of your animals bothers you, provide the details you've been asked for instead of arguing about it. We respond based on the facts that we have.

Fact#1 - For the most part, pet store cages are too small. If someone says they have a huge pet store cage, we're going to ask for the brand and model of the cage or a picture showing a legible marked measuring device, so the size can be verified.

Fact#2 - Pigs should not live full time outside or in an enclosed room that is not climate controlled. We're going to protest and question why they're living "outside" even if there are walls and a roof if the temperature is not steadily at a reasonible temperature.

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Lissa- Thats not the cage I have, Mine is all white with an odd fancy dancy loft mezzanine area.

Mines very close to it though, same size as well. If you click on the image it takes you to a page with the measurements.

Emma

albert
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Why did you quote her post if you weren't going to add anything to it or make a comment albert? We all read it the first time.

x-Beck-x

Cavy Slave
Lissa said:
I have several store bought cages that measure 140cm by 70cm. They have an upper level. The upper level measures 50cm by 70cm. I place up to 5 sows in a cage of this size. It's plenty room as I offer the feed and water on the upper level so they have a lot of floor space to do laps. These cages set me back AU$189 for two (special buy) and AU$225 for the rest.

Do you know what brand these cages are? Are they up on a stand, or on ground level?

albert
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Lissa

Cavy Slave
Lissa- Thats not the cage I have, Mine is all white with an odd fancy dancy loft mezzanine area

These are the cages I have. They do come in different colours but I wanted all white ones.

I thought by looking at your picture Bellebelle that your cages are the same as mine and the same as the ones on the website

I don't use the hay rack that was supplied as I found the hay would get stuck in the bars and it would also fall out everywhere on the floor. The waterbottle that was supplied also used to leak.

Lissa

Cavy Slave
Do you know what brand these cages are? Are they up on a stand, or on ground level?

No brand is mentioned on the cage. I phoned my produce store yesterday and he said the Pets International is the importer. I guess if you were to go to your local pet supply shop (please don't support the pet shops that sell pets) then they may be able to have a look through the catalogues and find out for you. They are usually a special order item so it may take a few weeks to arrive.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
To anyone who wants to whine about people being mean and/or rude:

If you don't agree with the information being presented or the fact that a lot of times we are FAR more concerned with the well-being of an animal than being someone's best friend, by all means leave. Just don't pollute the rest of the forum with a lot of histrionic flouncing on your way out. There are a lot of forums where you will be welcomed with open arms. You will also find that those same forums are usually pro-breeding and advocate a lot of bad and sometimes dangerous information.

If you would take 5 minutes to read the information being presented and take it to heart, you would realize that your guinea pigs will live much longer, happier healthier lives. We're not going to sugar coat anything just to make someone feel better about what they might be doing wrong that we disagree with. However, if you take a deep breath, stop worrying about your own fragile feelings, and think more about your animals, you will find that Cavy Cages can be quite an entertaining place to be in addition to a phenomenal source of information.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Percy's Mom said:
To anyone who wants to whine about people being mean and/or rude:

If you don't agree with the information being presented or the fact that a lot of times we are FAR more concerned with the well-being of an animal than being someone's best friend, by all means leave. Just don't pollute the rest of the forum with a lot of histrionic flouncing on your way out. There are a lot of forums where you will be welcomed with open arms. You will also find that those same forums are usually pro-breeding and advocate a lot of bad and sometimes dangerous information.

If you would take 5 minutes to read the information being presented and take it to heart, you would realize that your guinea pigs will live much longer, happier healthier lives. We're not going to sugar coat anything just to make someone feel better about what they might be doing wrong that we disagree with. However, if you take a deep breath, stop worrying about your own fragile feelings, and think more about your animals, you will find that Cavy Cages can be quite an entertaining place to be in addition to a phenomenal source of information.

Testify sister Libby testify. Halleluja.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
x-Beck-x
I deleted your post. Flouncing is not allowed here. If you want to go then leave. You need not act like a 2 year old having a tantrum to do it. Do it again and I will lock the forum door behind you for a week.

x-Beck-x

Cavy Slave
How do I permanently cancel my membership on here?

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hey guys,

I found the cage on ebay in australia....their ya go lol 150cm in length...

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/RABBIT-GUINEA-PIG-HUTCH_W0QQitemZ250000622300QQihZ015QQcategoryZ63513QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That came in handy finding that link lol that's the same cage isn't it?

Jess

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.