Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Sores

Charisma Manzo

Cavy Slave
20161120_131644-1.jpg
My baby has a sore on his foot and I'm not sure if it's hurting him. Is there anything I can do to help it get better faster?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What kind of bedding is he on? And how large is his cage? It may be that he's sitting too long on wet bedding.

Get some cold pressed virgin coconut oil and rub into his foot. It's available at grocery stores and pharmacies.

Charisma Manzo

Cavy Slave
This guinea is not here because I thought it would be cool to have him. He is here because he is my therapy animal. You probably don't understand that I have him for a reason but I'm not giving him away just because I can't buy one thing.

Charisma Manzo

Cavy Slave
And I'm sorry if you didn't know and you were just stating a fact and I'm also sorry about starting another thread.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It doesn't matter whether he's a therapy animal. He's your responsibility, and he needs treatment. $10, or less, is very economical treatment. What will you do if he develops bladder stones and needs a $700 surgery?

new2piggs

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure where you are located but I got my coconut oil From walmart. It was very inexpensive (about $5)
. It was in the aisle with the baking products.

Charisma Manzo

Cavy Slave
Maybe you should think about what you're say before you say it because this guinea pig is the only thing that can me feel better in an instant and if it cones to the point where he need a surgery or some sort of help that big I will do everything I could possibly do to help him. You can call me irrisponsible but I'm not . This animal is the most important thing in the world to me. I have lost one already to illness and I know what that feels like so I will not let anything happen to this one. I get that you don't understand that this pet is very important to me and if anything happens to him I will loose my mind but try to be sensitive to the people who have animals to make them feel better, to have comfort, or even to feel the comfort that they're helping animal and making a difference even if it's helping one animal. Tye love to my pig is stronger than the love I have to anyone else and I'm not giving him away because I can't buy one thing. I posted asking for help because I could get the oil so obviously I'm trying to get him help. I don't care what you think or how you say I should think about giving him away.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
We understand that the pig is important to you. But the pig is important, in and of itself. And it deserves medical care when it needs it, and it's your responsibility to find a way to provide that. Loving him isn't going to make his foot stop hurting. Treatment will.

And because many, if not most, pigs will need vet treatment at some point in their lives, and vet treatment for pigs can be very expensive, you need to plan how you're going to do that. If you can't afford $10 for coconut oil, what are you going to do if your pig is really sick and needs immediate vet treatment?

Charisma Manzo

Cavy Slave
I said at the moment I don't have the money. It doesn't mean that I won't have the money later. Maybe at the moment I don't want to ask for help with money right now because when it co.es to the point he needs more treatment for something more serious I don't want people to say that have already helped. My question was if I can't use the coconut oil what else can I use. If you can't just simply answer the question and help then don't answer back I want to help him and that's what I'm trying to do so just answer the question or if you have any alternative then just say that but if your just gonna reply back say how I should give him up then don't say anything. AnswerING the question will hopefully help and that's all I want to do. HELP HIM.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
There is nothing else you can use on the feet aside from cold pressed coconut oil. His feet are dry and irritated coconut oil is a moisturiser, with mild anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, that is safe for them if they ingest any while grooming themselves. There are no other moisturisers that are safe for them to ingest.

Charisma Manzo

Cavy Slave
I got the oil today and applied it once so far so hopefully I will see a change in the next couple of days

new2piggs

Cavy Slave
I'm glad you were able to get it! I hope he recovers quickly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.