Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Sneezing?

smn1311

Cavy Slave
I've noticed that my guinea pigs have been sneezing recently (they probably have been before, I've just never taken notice of it until the past five or so days) it's not excessive or anything, but they sneeze a couple of times a day and sometimes they sneeze a couple of times in a row. I'm worried about respiratory infections but I might just be being paranoid. I weigh them weekly and they haven't lost weight or anything, they're still eating the same and drinking water the same and their toilet habits haven't changed. As far as I can tell their breathing hasn't changed either. They've been pretty much fine except for the sneezes so do you think it's just general sneezing? I'm not sure how often is too often for sneezing haha (oh and I also read that I should check for wet front paws as a sign of a respiratory illness? But their paws are fine like literally nothing has changed except me noticing their sneezes)

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
As long as they're still eating and drinking fine, and they're not lethargic or losing any weight, I wouldn't be too worried. Do keep an eye on it, but I'd be more concerned if they were coughing often or if their ordinary breathing sounded bad.

My guess is it's just a little dusty or something.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.