Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Media Small Animal Abuse Report

hkwalker1

Cavy Slave
I’m giving a speech soon on the normalization of small animal abuse (such as the selling of ridiculosuly small cages, poor care instructions, etc). If anyone has any examples or information that come to mind, feel free to share! I want to make the biggest impact I can. Guinea pigs and other small animals should be treated with the same decency as dogs and cats.

TearLily

Cavy Slave
That's awesome that you are getting the information together for the speech. I wonder if there is any information from research or something that talks about breeding conditions most pet stores get animals from, the recommended minimum cage size and basic needs here versus in countries like UK. Depending how you are giving speech maybe you can actually show size difference of cage with rules or bright string for comparison of living spaces in UK versus USA and if theres a comparison to what living space that is for a human size so people know what kind of size it means like a jail cell for people but even worse for these animals.

Wish you the best!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.