Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Shed building & set up for guinea pigs, questions

squishypiggies

Cavy Slave
I currently have a 5x2 c&c cage for my 2 female guinea pigs in my bedroom but I'm thinking of moving then into a shed so they (and me) have more space. So my question is what needs to be done to get a shed suitable for guinea pigs? What type of insulation is needed , how to keep it well ventilated , weatherproofing and any others things I need to do. Also if anyone has UK links for good sheds that are not too costly would be great !
I would want to attach a run to the shed too so when its not too cold or bad weather they can have access onto the grass whenever they please.
Shed set up pictures would be good too if anyone has any pictures.

Thanks in advance !

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
We don't recommend housing pigs outside. Guinea pigs can show only minor symptoms of illness before crashing and sometime dying, and if they're not in the house with you there won't be enough contact with them to pick up those symptoms in time to treat them.

A 5x2 is fine for two female pigs. In fact, they could probably get by pretty well with a 4x2. And you can take a look on the photo galleries for some creative ways to increase space.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.