Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Roxie and Ameko meet for the first time!

Heart_Roxie

Cavy Slave
Roxie and Ameko meet for the first time!Roxie and Ameko meet for the first time!

Roxie and Ameko finally got to meet!! At first I thought Roxie was going to be more interested in eating! But after a quick moment she went right up to the tiny peanut and started putting her nose on her! They started wheeking (babbling, not veggie screams!) and rubbing their faces together! They wandered around just a little and then laid down! They've been laying in the playpen together for about an hour with no complaints from either party! It appears as though Roxie is washing the baby's face, nosing at it and it looks like licking it, is that normal? Is she actually washing her? Now off to overhaul the cage and get it ready!!
They definitely love each other though! I'm so happy!! ^_^

Congrats! Glad it went well!

Yes, what Roxie is doing is normal. Its called grooming lol. That's good they get a long so well! Not many pigs groom other pigs!

They took each other immediately! Not one nip or scratch or butt rumble! Thanks for letting me know that! Clearly I picked the right baby sister for my Roxie! <3

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.