Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Infection Ring worm?

Secretariat

Cavy Slave
I'm terrified Jude has ringworm and has infected Angela

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Secretariat

Cavy Slave
I'm terrified Jude has ringworm and has infected Angela

She also has bald patches by her ear? She's very young I think cause her feet and nails are pink but idk I'm really worried about it because if she has it or something similar I don't have the money for the repeated vet visits

Secretariat

Cavy Slave
Here's a pick of her face if it helps

Soecara

Cavy Slave
I can't see the photo, so I don't think it uploaded correctly (or you may have hit the post button before it finished uploading).

All guinea pigs do have naturally bald circular patches right behind their ears, I am not sure if this may be what you are describing when you said about the bald patches by her ear.

If she does have a fungal infection it isn't something to panic about. Fungal infections are usually fairly easily treated at home, vet intervention isn't always necessary, and most kinds of fungus aren't super contagious so there is a chance Angela may not catch it even if Jude does have it.

Do make sure to maintain proper hygiene after handling her (wash your hands thoroughly) as fungal infections are also contagious to humans.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Post the picture and we'll offer an opinion. There's no way we can know what it is without seeing it.

Right at the top of the box where you type your replies, hover over the third icon from the right. That's the "insert picture" button. Click it and follow the instructions.

But if it is a fungus, you can very easily treat it yourself without a vet visit.

Secretariat

Cavy Slave
Post the picture and we'll offer an opinion. There's no way we can know what it is without seeing it.

Right at the top of the box where you type your replies, hover over the third icon from the right. That's the "insert picture" button. Click it and follow the instructions.

But if it is a fungus, you can very easily treat it yourself without a vet visit.

32e482cccc946b06fa50ef002d4c4095.jpg

I did post it but I think it's to big so you have to click on it
80d709305df67d7cabe6b85e826cda4a.jpg
I'll admit the pic of behind her ear is not the best

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd get some Lotrimin or Nystatin and apply a thin film with a q-tip. Rub it in well so she can't ingest it. And wash your hands after handling her.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.