Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbit needs home in PA

strigercake

Cavy Slave
I rescued a bunny last week from someone that threatened to leave it outside in the shed to starve to death. Unfortunately, his companion was murdered by the hands of a human.

I now have this bunny that I cannot keep. I really need to find him a good home where he will be loved and given the proper care that he so much deserves. He is very loving and sweet, loves to be cuddled. Smokey, what I named him, is approx. 2 years old.

He is located in northeast PA, about 2 hours north of Philly or about an hour south of Scranton/Avoca.

He needs a home ASAP.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take any more animals right now, but I did want this to get max exposure, so it has been moved to Adoptables.

Thanks for moving the thread.

Smokey let me cut his nails the first day I brought him home, last Monday. He only gave me a problem with one of his rear legs. His nails were horribly long and curled. Poor thing probably was in pain. He enjoys hopping around in the room I have him in, doesn't bother chewing anything and didn't go potty on the floor.

Despite what he went through with his previous family, he is very trusting of me already. Like I said in the previous post, he is very, very sweet. I wish I could keep him, but as of right now, it is not ideal. I just wanted to get him out of that situation, otherwise, I would not be able to live with myself if I found out he was starved to death, or murdered.

Thanks for moving the thread.

Smokey let me cut his nails the first day I brought him home, last Monday. He only gave me a problem with one of his rear legs. His nails were horribly long and curled. Poor thing probably was in pain. He enjoys hopping around in the room I have him in, doesn't bother chewing anything and didn't go potty on the floor.

Despite what he went through with his previous family, he is very trusting of me already. Like I said in the previous post, he is very, very sweet. I wish I could keep him, but as of right now, it is not ideal. I just wanted to get him out of that situation, otherwise, I would not be able to live with myself if I found out he was starved to death, or murdered.

you should be commended for saving the fella. if it was closer to Oshawa, Ontario i would take him. Unfortunately i've not got a car to fetch him in :grumpy:

My parents, won't let me have another piggy, so I highly doubt they would let me have a bunny. I'll talk to some people I know to see if they would maybe want a friend for their bunny, beans. We live in lewistown, about an hour north of harrisburg, and a half-an-hour south of State College.

I am located just outside Philly. I have wanted to adopt a rabbit for the longest time, but my parents say I can only have cavies. So sorry :( Good luck finding a home for the little guy!

Good news! I found Smokey a great home with a family that already has 3 bunnies. I found this person through my vet's office and the family takes really good care of their bunnies.

Best of all, he will always have food (has since I got him out of that horrible situation), and he will be a free range bunny. I will also be allowed to visit with him. :)

I am so happy. I had Smokey out today letting him run around and he was hopping and leaping, he seemed so happy. Makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.