Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Rabbit Cage Cleaning

QuietWonderLand

Cavy Slave
Ok, so I know that this is for piggies, but I couldn't find a thread forum for Rabbits except for cage IDEAS. I've have my 3 month old french-lop for 8 days now (he was settled in within the first 48 hours, really surprised my family and I), and it is time to fully clean out the cage. I do take out the droppings and spots where he urinates about 3 times every day, but this is the first time that I have ever truly cleaned out his cage. I used to have hamsters when I was little, but I forger how/what we used to clean out their cages. So I was wonder what do you use/recommend? I've heard that you can use water and vinegar, but I'm not exactly sure how much to use. My dad says I should use 1 part vinegar for every 5-6 parts water, or should I just use soap and water?

Mr.Waffles101

Cavy Slave
Here is a great rabbit forum if you need an expert's help: BinkyBunny House Rabbit Information and Care
Just join their forum. ;)

I just vinegar and water. I don't mix vinegar with water. I just spray a bottle of (full) vinegar onto a paper towel and then wipe the cage. And then I spray the cage with water to wash the vinegar smell out.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
50/50 white distilled vinegar to water. That should be good enough. Spray it on and wipe it off.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
We put all our rabbit threads here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.