Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

question about where to keep my cage

rye_bunny

Cavy Slave
I've never had a rabbit before, but I've wanted and researched for a year.

I'm planning on getting one next weekend. I live in a basement suite, and share parts of it with the upstaris people. They have no problem with me having a rabbit, as long as it dosn't smell (the rabbit I want is alreay nutered, he's waiting for me at the SPCA)

I told the upstaris people I would be keeping the rabbit in my bedroom, they wont even know he's here. Is this a good idea? Are rabbits noisy? I know they are active at dusk/dawn, so I thought this would be fine. But since I have never heard of anyone keeping a rabbit in their bedroom, I was wondering if there was something obvious I was missing.

If you keep your rabbit in your bedroom, let me know so I don't have to worry anymore (I feel silly.....but he is my first pet ever and can't help but worry about everything).

naturestee

Cavy Slave
I don't keep my rabbits in my bedroom (no space), but I do know many who do. Some can be noisy during the night- they sometimes decide to rearrange the cage or play with their toys in the dark. If the noise bothers you, you could try letting him exercise a lot just before you go to bed. Encourage him to run, give him boxes to dig in and shred, etc and let him get good and tired.

Congrats on your soon-to-be bunny, and thanks for adopting! I wish more people would.

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
I have 2 and the only thing that keeps me awake is the thumping, and I don't think that would bother anyone else in the building, unless their room is right next tp yours.

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
I have kept my rabbit in my room and the only noise that bothered me was the chewing on the bars. Giving him toys and things to do at night will help. COngrats on the new baby

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.