Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fruit Prunes

Sekhmet

Cavy Slave
Can I give my piggies prunes every now and then as a source of a treat? Every time I eat them my pigs starts wheeking and begging. My heat wants to give my my brain tells me not to.

Which part of my organ should I listen to? My heart or my brain?

Maybe both. Prunes are naturally very high in sugar, and often have sugar and preservatives added to them as well. If you could find organic prunes with nothing added, you might give a bite the size of a raisin, but it hardly seems worth it. Why not just give them a fresh grape? Mine love those.

Very good to know.

I agree with bpatters. Since fruit should be limited, stick with feeding fresh fruit in small amounts only once or twice a week. I hadn't bought grapes in a long time and gave my four girls half a grape each. They loved it and begged for more. I had to walk away from them, they were begging so. They must listen to the refrig and rustling bags as they often know I am having a fruit snack and they set up a racket from their cage, which is two rooms away !!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.