Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Please do what you can to help stop the cruel Canadian seal hunt

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

In about 12 days and counting (that is a little over one week from now!), hundreds and hundreds of innocent, helpless harp seals will once again be beaten, clubbed, and inhumanely slaughtered to death as the 2009 Canadian Seal Hunt begins.

Right now, they are just hanging out on the ice, with no idea whatsoever of what is about to happen to them. Put yourself in their shoes: What if you are going to be clubbed to death in the very very near future? You don't think it will ever happen, but all of a sudden people show up at your front door, invade your home, and murder everyone you live with right before your eyes. Then, they come for you. I am not dramatizing what goes on, I'm actually probably not doing a good enough job trying to express how horrible it truly is.

Visit the above link to learn all about what is going on, and how you can help stop the needless slaughtering and beating of innocent harp seals.

If you disagree and think that the seal hunts need not be banned, then you need not post/say anything here, at all.

Thanks in advance!

P.S: Also, don't miss this video that the HSUS just put out (a little graphic, does not show actual beatings, only aftermath for a few seconds): It's at the top of the page as soon as you click on the link above, and here: (broken link removed) (at bottom of page).

EDIT: You can also go here: (broken link removed) to view more videos about this seal hunt. Some of these are very graphic!

Last edited:

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
This makes me so sick. I have signed petitions with PETA also. On the PETA site is also a phone number to call and voice your protest. This pointless slaughter must be stopped!!!!
I can not watch the videos. They upset me so much. I will sign and add my voice to fight this, but I cannot watch the videos.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.